SOW Your HEART in the Heartland!! Be sure and learn all about the planning and preparation of the 36th Biennial LWML Convention in Des Moines from June 25-28 by reading the Host Committee Convention Newsletter Bountiful Blessings, or the winter edition of the Lutheran Woman’s Quarterly. Invite and encourage family and friends to enjoy the planned events, sights and sounds of Des Moines. Pray for continued blessings upon the efforts of all involved in the preparation of this national event.
Have you considered signing up for the Convention Choir? The Music Chairman is Julia Dlouhy. Be a contributing voice, make a joyful noise and be blessed.
- Reminder to workers: Do NOT complete the registration form in the Lutheran Woman’s Quarterly. Complete the registration form that will be in your worker assignment packet. You will receive a $65 discount coupon for committing to two 4-hour shifts during the convention. Let the excitement begin and let the joy flow as we join our hands and feet in preparation for the 2015 LWML Convention.
- The 2015 LWML Convention Host Committee will be meeting in Des Moines March 20-21. If you would be willing to host an overnight guest(s) the night of March 20th please contact convention chair, Marilyn Schroeder at email@example.com.
- Hotel hostesses at the Marriott Downtown are needed on Tuesday, June 22, as the national Board of Directors arrive in Des Moines. Contact Kathryn Sprecher, 279-1123, for more information or if you would be willing to help.
- Looking for VIP drivers: You would be transporting members of the Executive Committee, Past National LWML Presidents, speakers, and presenters from the Des Moines Airport to the Des Moines Marriott Downtown. And/or also taking them back to the airport. Times to be determined depending on schedules. You will need to complete a Call for Workers Form and an Acknowledgement/Release Form. You do not need to be a member of LWML or attend the convention.
- Warehouse Needed: Do you have, or know of, a facility/warehouse in the Des Moines area that could be used for storing items for the convention? The space should be accessible for receiving shipments during normal business hours (8-5, Monday-Friday). If the space does not have a receiving dock, the door openings should be wide enough to receive pallets (48”x40”). A forklift would also be quite helpful. If you can help, please contact convention chair, Marilyn Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please continue to turn in your empty printer cartridges and used cell phones. You can help us earn funds to cover expenses to host the 2015 National Lutheran Women’s Missionary League Convention in Des Moines. For more information check with your local LWML society.
- As always your support of LWML through your prayers and mite giving is appreciated.
Official LWML National Convention page–Click here.
Register for the event–Click Here.
See also, http://idwlcms.org/lwmlnews.php